Wow, I can’t believe that I’m already three months in! Although, at the same time, it does kind of feel like I’ve been doing this forever haha. Comment below and let me know how long you’ve been blogging!
The Month of February: An Overview
I’m not sure that I will ever beat January (at least any time soon) in terms of how happy I was and how successful I was with getting new clients and making money, but February was still pretty darn good! Interested in reading about my second month of blogging?
I didn’t make quite as much money as I’d have wanted in an ideal world, but I choose instead to put a lot of work into the business side of things in February instead of focusing on clients. In terms of my blog’s success (vs. actual profit), it was a really great month!
A few highlights:
- I finally bit the bullet and got myself LeadPages
- I experimented with Facebook and Pinterest ads
- I created a kick-ass (if I do say so myself!) free email course
- I’ve been working on a secret project
- I revamped my services page
- I hired two VAs! (One part-time virtual assistant and the other just for one project)
How I Did on My February Goals
February’s goals went over really well!
I was able to create a better balance for myself, especially towards the end of the month, by starting to book clients out in advance instead of trying to work on every single project at once (gee, I guess Halley Gray is a genius!). There was one point that I was booked out for 3 weeks! That’s absolutely a success in my mind.
Once I started scheduling my clients out, my stress level went WAY down and I was actually able to, like, sit down and have dinner with my fiancé a few times instead of stressfully eating at my desk in front of my laptop every night.
Another goal I had was to increase my profit-per-client ratio, which I did! I spent time updating my services page(s), added in a few new packages (especially in the virtual assistant section — check out my affordable rates!), and did a better job of making sure that my prices match my experience level and how much value I provide to my clients.
I also succeeded in posting on my blog at least 4 times (I had 6 posts!), creating my free email course, and writing to my newsletter subscribers a lot more.
I’m so happy that I was actually able to achieve each thing that I wanted to last month!
My Goals for March
- Complete the secret project
- Book myself out for 2 weeks of April
- Participate in a webinar
Now let’s get to the juicy stuff! And please tweet about this post for me, would ya?
(P.S. Red is less profit than last month, green is more profit than last month, and black is same profit as last month)
February 2016 Expenses
- Boardbooster = $5.00
- Tailwind (annual fee, divided by 12) = $8.67
- Design Elements = $40.00
- ConvertKit = $29.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- LeadPages (annual fee, divided by 12) = $24.97
- Blog Hosting (annual fee, divided by 12) = $10.47
- Paypal Transaction Fees = $17.51
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $47.00
- Ads & Marketing = $47.32
- Virtual Assistance = $55.00
Total Expenses = $294.94 (over $200 more than last month! Eww!)
February 2016 Income Report
- Affiliates = $0
- Google Adsense = $2.53
- Design clients = $440.00
- Virtual Assistance = $362.00
Total Income = $804.53 (Almost 200% more than last month!)
Total Net Profit = $509.59
ALL THE STATS AND ANALYTICS!
Let’s take a look back at what my January 2016 stats were:
- Number of blog posts = 3
- Blog Page views = 3,188
- Blog comments = 39
- Email list subscribers = 185
- Facebook page followers = 146
- Instagram followers = 701
- Twitter followers = 508
- Pinterest followers = 422
- Google+ followers = 4
- Profit per client = $41.11
Now, here’s what was going on in February 2016:
- Number of blog posts = 6
- Blog Page views = 4,279
- Blog comments = 103
- Email list subscribers = 379
- Facebook page followers = 184
- Instagram followers = 1,329
- Twitter followers = 746
- Pinterest followers = 567
- Google+ followers = 13
- Profit per client = $57.23
I have to admit that when I first started writing this income report, I really thought that my numbers were going to be low. February had seemed a little lackluster compared to January, but really, it was actually kind of awesome!!
I can’t believe that I made almost twice as much as I did last month! Of course, there were a lot more expenses this month than ever before, as my blog continues to grow. But I guess it paid off! I still ended up netting more than I netted last month, which is obviously always the goal.
March, here I come!