Let’s jump right in with this November 2019 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
November 2019 Income Report: An Overview
Typically, my “busy season” is from September – March. This year it’s just as busy as usual, but we had a bit of a lull in November! Not quite as many people purchasing packages or reaching out for discovery calls. It may be because it’s the holiday season and people are spending more time with their families!
So while November wasn’t exactly relaxed, as it was still busy in the backend of my business, we did see lower sales than I was expecting. I think I need to step it up next year and do some sort of Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal to bring in some extra sales during this time!
A Few Highlights:
- Hired a new Copy Manager — This was a much-needed addition to my team! This year, we added two new types of packages into the mix — blog posts and newsletters. They are starting to become super popular with my clients, so hiring a dedicated manager over that work was necessary!
- Started revamping The Systematic Marketing School — The Systematic Marketing School is my signature offer for the student side of my business, and lately I’ve been working on revamping it! I’m completely overhauling the entire membership and adding dozens and dozens of brand-new training, and giving it a brand-new website! It will probably be a while before it’s fully done, but I’ve made some good progress on it.
- Finished our 2020 planning — Brent and I sat down in November and planned out the whole year of 2020! We made plans for some big projects, scheduled in some smaller ones, and chatted through our goals.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For November 2019: Success or Failure?
- Onboard the new copy manager. — SUCCESS! I hired the new copy manager, which I talked about earlier, and onboarded her onto the team.
- Offload a lot of tech tasks onto Brent’s plate. — SUCCESS! My husband Brent has taken over as the Tech Manager on the Miranda Nahmias & Co. team, which has been a huge weight off of my shoulders! I’ve been able to offload quite a bit of work onto his plate.
- Get a significant amount of work done on my new projects. — FAILURE. While I did get some work done on my projects (mostly revamping The Systematic Marketing School!), I really wish I’d been able to get even more done.
My Goals for December 2019 — Let’s Do This!
- Take time off to spend with family for the holidays.
- Make at least $17,430.18 in revenue (to put us over $215k for 2019).
November 2019 Expenses
- Ads & Marketing = $286.07
- Team Member Payments = $8,328.27
- Books & Courses = $146.00
- Transaction Fees = $470.86
- Referral Payouts = $135.80
- GSuite = $12.84
- Rev.com = $169.70
- Loomly = $425.69
- Screencastify = $24.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $22.46
- ClickFunnels* = $297.00
- DeadlineFunnel* = $67.00
- Quickbooks* = $72.76
- Later.com = $99.00
- AppSumo* = $49.00
- Zapier = $50.00
- Podbean* = $36.00
- MotionMail = $96.00
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Stock Gallery = $19.00
- Other Stock Photos + Design Elements = $129.00
- Client & Team Gifts = $46.71
- Website Expenses = $82.76
- Office Supplies = $46.20
- Postage = $13.62
- Utilities = $156.71
Total Expenses = $11,391.40
November 2019 Income Report
- Interest Earned = $1.86
- CapitalOne Cash Back Rewards = $321.41
- Affiliate Income = $109.02
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $1,002.96
- Done-for-You Social Media Packages = $9,501.01
- Hourly Client Work = $5,625.00
Total Income = $15,982.25
Total Net Profit = $4,590.85
November 2019 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 2
- Monthly blog page views = 7,766
- Email list subscribers = 7,485
- Facebook page followers = 1,449
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,601
- Instagram followers = 9,852
- Twitter followers = 6,411
- Pinterest followers = 24.8k
- YouTube subscribers = 174
Final Notes on My November 2019 Income Report:
Overall, this was just kind of an average month! 🤷🏻♀️ Nothing super exciting to report, but staying at the status quo is still a good thing. It’s underrated, actually!
My favorite part of this month was expanding our team with the new copy manager and having Brent take over some tech work. Even though we’ve still been crazy busy, it’s freed up a lot of time on my plate and overall I feel less stressed.