Let’s jump right in with this November 2017 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
November 2017 Income Report: An Overview
If you read last month’s income report, you probably remember how disappointed I was when I didn’t have another $10k month. I was convinced that it would be months before I saw another 5-figure month! But I guess it kind of gave me some negative motivation, because I worked my butt off to make sure that didn’t happen again in November.
And before I knew it, it was four weeks later and I had made another $10,000.
That being said, while it was certainly a quick month, it was by no means an easy month. Our team has been working crazy hard to keep up with the demands of our clients as it ticks closer and closer to the end of the year.
In fact, there were quite a few 10-15 hour days for me in November. It’s tough because while I love working, that’s a lot more than I want to do every day in an ideal work. I’d love to be at a place where I could work as much or as little as I wanted, and not feel too stressed out or pressured either way.
But I guess I’m not quite there yet, because earning that $10,000 in November took a lot of blood, sweat, and yeah, there were even some tears.
I officially only have a few days left at my part-time job, and then this is my official full-time 24/7 gig at the end of December. On one hand, I’m so happy that I proved myself by having another $10k+ month! But on the other hand, I know how much work went into it and I’m scared that making enough money to live on will always be this hard.
Will “easy money” (or at least easier money) ever be possible for me?
And how the heck will I be able to make enough each month to support myself and my husband AND pay the increasingly expensive credit card bills??
…..I need a neck massage.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- Launched my Instagram package — Can I just say that I’m in love with this sales page?
- Made income goals for 2018 — I dug out my annual profit prediction spreadsheets and mapped out my goals for the year. If I’m able to reach my mini goals throughout the year, I’ll be on track to pull in $150,000 in 2018. Originally, my goal for 2018 was $125k, but after I wrote everything down and made sales goals for each of my packages and products, I realized that I actually could possibly make more than that. So $150,000 it is! (You have no idea how much that number makes me want to throw up.)
- Made big changes in my Facebook group — Since I am rebranding to focus on client attraction and retention for online service providers, I renamed my Facebook group. It used to be called The VA Collective, but now it’s Grow Your Biz Like Woah. I was nervous about the switch over, but people seem to be really happy!
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For November 2017: Success or Failure?
- Launch my Facebook page package — SUCCESS! You can check it out here! This means that I finally reached my goal that I set in March of this year to switch all of my social media services to packages.
- Launch my webinar — FAILURE. It is so frustrating how long I’ve been working on this and it’s still not done! I had basically about 5 minutes to work on my business in November, so I’m really hoping that December will finally be the month I can launch this. I’ve only been working on it since August!
- Keep expenses at less than 30% of revenue — FAILURE. I don’t even want to talk about it lol. Although, admittedly, we did a lot better than last month.
My Goals for December 2017 — Let’s Do This!
- Launch my webinar.
- Keep expenses at less than 40% of revenue (let’s be a little more realistic this time)
- Schedule out all blog posts for the first quarter of 2018.
- Finish my outline for February’s new free course.
November 2017 Expenses
**Annual expenses not included (such as Tailwind* and hosting costs*).
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Turquoise & Palm Stock Photos = $19.00
- ClickFunnels* = $97.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $21.39
- BoardBooster* = $10.00
- PeopleMap* = $35.47
- Buffer = $10.00
- Zapier = $20.00
- Podbean = $36.00
- Screencastify = $24.00
- Quickbooks = $10.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- Gravity Forms = $59.00
- Client + Team Gifts = $635.06
- Ads & Marketing = $61.66
- Referral Payouts = $0.00 (sign up to be a partner!)
- Transaction Fees = $267.24
- Team Member Payments = $5,078.08
Total Expenses = $6,531.85 12.61
November 2017 Income Report
- Affiliate & JV Sales = $332.00
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $561.41
- Client Work = $9,947.09
Total Income = $10,840.50
Total Net Profit = $4,308.65
November 2017 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 5
- Monthly blog page views = 8,004
- Email list subscribers = 7,118
- Facebook page followers = 871
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,143
- Instagram followers = 4,737
- Twitter followers = 6,725
- Pinterest followers = 5,750
- Google+ followers = 64
- LinkedIn connections = 837
- YouTube subscribers = 67
Final Notes on My November 2017 Income Report:
Honestly, I have to say that I’m a little sad about this income report. We made a huge amount of money, but for some reason it never feels like enough. I still have so much weighing on my shoulders, and sometimes it feels like we’ll never be able to make enough money so that feeling will go away.
It really makes me upset that I’m sitting here complaining when I’m sure there are millions of other people out there who would kill to be able to have a 5-figure month in their business.
But, seriously…mo’ money, mo’ problems. Nothing has ever felt more true to me.