Wow, January was amazing!!
The only real goal that I set for myself was to beat my December profit, and I absolutely did that! In fact, I did that a whole week and a half ago, so I was really really proud of myself!
One thing that I’ve noticed as my blog + business starts to pick up is that it has been really hard to balance everything.
A lot of the time, it feels like I’m either having to choose between content creation and establishing my blog or getting new clients/working with current clients.
As I get busier and busier, I also have been realizing how stressful it is to try to get a business off the ground and work a full-time job! I am luckier than most, as I have a really flexible schedule, but I am still feeling stressed out and overwhelmed quite a bit of the time.
My Goals for February 2016
- Be less stressed overall and work on creating balance between my personal life + my day job + my business + my blog.
- Increase my profit per client ratio by valuing my time correctly and being choosier with the clients and projects I take on.
- Post on my blog 4+ times
- Create an email course to increase my newsletter subscribers
- Write to my newsletter subscribers 2+ times
Now let’s get to the juicy stuff! And please tweet about this post for me, would you?
January 2016 Expenses
- Iconosquare Annual Account Fee = $28.80
- (1) Passionfruit Ad = $15.00
- Boardbooster = $5.00
- Design Elements = $0.67
- MailChimp = $9.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- Blog Hosting (annual fee, divided by 12) = $10.47
- Paypal Transaction Fees = $13.45
Total Expenses = $92.39 ($40.40 less than last month!)
January 2016 Income Report
- Affiliates = $0
- Google Adsense = $3.85
- Design clients = $370.00
- Virtual Assistance (through UpWork and FancyHands) = $97.36
Total Income = $470.94 (Over 2x more than last month’s income!)
Total Net Profit = $378.55
YAY! Wow, this is so amazing! Some people might not think that a less than $400 monthly blog income is anything, but to me it’s everything. Especially since it’s only my second month having this blog, too!
I am extremely proud of myself for all the hustling that went into creating that profit 🙂
All the Stats and Analytics!
Let’s take a look back at what my December 2015 stats were:
- Number of blog posts = 10
- Blog Page views = 1,880
- Blog comments = 48
- Email list subscribers = 51
- Facebook page followers = 102
- Instagram followers = 299
- Twitter followers = 362
- Pinterest followers = 374
- Google+ followers = 2
- Profit per client = $26.13
Now, here’s what was going on in January 2016:
- Number of blog posts = 3
- Blog Page views = 3,188
- Blog comments = 39
- Email list subscribers = 185
- Facebook page followers = 146
- Instagram followers = 701
- Twitter followers = 508
- Pinterest followers = 422
- Google+ followers = 4
- Profit per client = $41.11
I love that my stats increased in (almost) everything! Writing everything all down like this really makes me be able to have a solid understanding of how much I truly am growing! Sometimes, day to day, it can seem like I’m stagnating, or that I’m not making as much progress as I want to be.
But all I have to do is look at these numbers — and, wow, it’s really apparent that I am doing well 🙂