Let’s jump right in with this May 2018 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
May 2018 Income Report: An Overview
May was honestly not that exciting or interesting. Just working a bunch as usual!
I am really happy that, while in April we dipped below our minimum profit goal, that we were able to stay above that in May! I have been worried about these spring and summer months, so it’s nice to see that not every single month is going to be a disappointment. I only hope I can keep that up through June and July!
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- I went to San Francisco! — Brent and I went on a trip with my dad to meet up with some family members and visit San Francisco. It was actually both Brent’s and my first trip to California, so we were super excited to check out the sunshine state. We saw the Golden Gate bridge, had lots of delicious food, and experienced some crazy steep hills. It was awesome! And a great little break during a busy month.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For May 2018: Success or Failure?
- Make at least $3,500 in profit — SUCCESS!
- Make $2,000 in passive income/coaching sales — FAILURE. Not even close. I just hope to reach this consistently one day.
- Make $5,000 from social media packages — FAILURE. I was so mad about this one, we were literally $45 under the goal!!
- Get started on my website redesign — SUCCESS! I have a sandbox site set up to do the new design on, and have started working on the new homepage design.
- Make a plan that will help me stay consistent with blog posts and newsletters — SUCCESS! My project manager helped me out with this and I love that I’m back on track with completing tasks for my own business!
- Go Live in my Facebook group at least twice — FAILURE. I have no idea how to make time for all of this stuff haha.
My Goals for June 2018 — Let’s Do This!
- Make at least $3,500 in profit.
- Make $2,000 in my passive income sales/coaching category.
- Make $5,000 from social media packages.
- Get at least 1 week ahead on my blog posts and newsletters.
- Do more work on my new website.
May 2018 Expenses
- Ads & Marketing = $514.08
- Team Member Payments = $5,883.13
- Books & Courses = $55.24
- Transaction Fees = $378.05
- Referral Payouts = $45.00 (sign up to be a partner!)
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $21.39
- PeopleMap* = $32.57
- ClickFunnels* = $297.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- Quickbooks = $10.00
- Zapier = $20.00
- ManyChat = $10.00
- Planoly* = $99.00
- BoardBooster* = $10.00
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Turquoise & Palm Stock Photos = $19.00
Total Expenses = $7,563.11
May 2018 Income Report
- Interest Earned = $11.18
- Affiliate Income = $450.87
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $1,067.96
- Done-for-You Social Media Packages = $4,955.00
- Hourly Client Work = $6,286.00
Total Income = $11,739.96
Total Net Profit = $4,638.90
May 2018 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 5
- Monthly blog page views = 7,624
- Email list subscribers = 7,040
- Facebook page followers = 1,082
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,150
- Instagram followers = 7,516
- Twitter followers = 6,739
- Pinterest followers = 7,398
- YouTube subscribers = 98
Final Notes on My May 2018 Income Report:
I wish I had something more exciting to say. Honestly, May went by in a blur and it feels surreal that it’s already June. I have no idea where the time is going! Overall, I’m really happy with this month and proud of myself for being able to maintain that $3,500+ profit goal. That makes 4 out of 5 months in a row!