Let’s jump right in with this June 2018 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
June 2018 Income Report: An Overview
June and July were the two months that I was most worried about this year. Kids have just gotten out of school, or you’re right in the middle of summer break…it’s hard for moms to keep up with running their businesses during these warmer months, and moms are a big part of my target market!
May went alright, but I was expecting June to be about the same or worse. It…wasn’t! It was better!
This surprised me, especially because I felt like it flew past and turned into July before I even realized what was happening.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- June was Brent’s first full month of working at home with me! He graduated with his Master’s Degree back in May and now is working on the business full-time! It’s been awesome having him home so much. He used to be gone 5 days a week at school, so it’s really nice to be able to spend more time together.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For June 2018: Success or Failure?
- Make at least $3,500 in profit — SUCCESS! We definitely knocked this one out of the park.
- Make $2,000 in my passive income sales/coaching category — FAILURE. I am in the middle of restructuring some of my passive income programs, so I’m not too surprised about this.
- Make $5,000 from social media packages — SUCCESS! Technically, I did not quite meet this goal, but Brent convinced me to count this as a success. We had a failed payment at the end of the month that put us a small amount below $5k, but then they resubmitted the payment right on the first or second day of July, so really it should’ve gone through in June but actually didn’t if we’re speaking technically. I’m going to be honest about the real numbers in the report below, but I’m going to check this one off as done, since it’s been in my list of goals for a few months now!
- Get at least 1 week ahead on my blog posts and newsletters — SUCCESS! I finally managed to get ahead on my content and hopefully I can get even more ahead!
- Do more work on my new website — SUCCESS! I have almost finalized the new design on my website, with mockups of all major pages done. Now the design just needs to be transferred over to the site, and I need to rework my lead magnets as I am switching from WPBakery Page Builder and Thrive Leads to Elementor and ConvertPro.
My Goals for July 2018 — Let’s Do This!
- Get 2 weeks ahead on my blog posts and newsletters.
- Get my new Instagram content schedule up and running.
- Finish restructuring the Biz Bestie Squad.
- Make $2,000 in my passive income sales/coaching category.
- Make $6,000 from social media packages.
June 2018 Expenses
- Ads & Marketing = $52.14
- Team Member Payments = $5,143.07
- Books & Courses = $0.00
- Transaction Fees = $423.39
- Referral Payouts = $0.00
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- RecurPost = $10.70
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $21.39
- PeopleMap* = $32.57
- ClickFunnels* = $297.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- Quickbooks = $10.00
- Zapier = $20.00
- ManyChat = $10.00
- Planoly* = $99.00
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Creative Market* = $18.00
- Turquoise & Palm Stock Photos = $19.00
Total Expenses = $6,829.92
June 2018 Income Report
- Interest Earned = $11.45
- Affiliate Income = $145.40
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $1,084.26
- Done-for-You Social Media Packages = $4,866.00
- Hourly Client Work = $8,591.00
Total Income = $14,669.11
Total Net Profit = $7,839.19
June 2018 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 4
- Monthly blog page views = 6,993
- Email list subscribers = 7,117
- Facebook page followers = 1,087
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,142
- Instagram followers = 7,363
- Twitter followers = 6,769
- Pinterest followers = 7,925
- YouTube subscribers = 100
Final Notes on My June 2018 Income Report:
This month really wasn’t all that exciting. I’ve been keeping my head down and working hard, but I’ve also been trying to enjoy the summer a bit! We went to the beach, and we’ve been preparing for a puppy that we’re getting in a few weeks! All around, this summer has just been good. Not too crazy insane, but not 100% relaxation either. Just a good time!