This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclaimer here.
Let’s jump right in with this June 2017 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 5-6 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
June 2017 Income Report: An Overview
June was a really great month for me. And not just in terms of finances (but I mean, really, could I possibly have done any worse than last month?)! Overall it was just a really, really good month. Clients are happy, I’m happy, my team is happy, and there are so many exciting things coming up on the horizon! I’m almost done redesigning my website, we’re about to launch a brand-new package, I have a new business in its infancy, and I finally feel like I have a ton of time to work on the stuff that I want to work on.
Mostly, I have to thank my project manager for keeping me on track,
forcing encouraging me to use a day planner, and we also started doing weekly calls where I can just kind of vent, plan, and strategize with her. All around, that has been super helpful. If you are also on your way trying to transition from making around $5k per month to around $10k per month, I definitely recommend looking into hiring a project manager. It’s something that has been insanely helpful for me these past few months.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- I raised my prices again — Back about a year ago, I kind of made this deal with myself that I was going to raise my prices $10/hour every six months. Now I’m not sure how feasibly this can go on, especially since I’m transitioning into package pricing, but so far it’s been working for me. Last year in July, I raised my price to $40 per hour, then in January I raised it to $50 per hour, and now it’s July again and I’m officially at $60 an hour. Eek! It sounds like so much in my head, but as I fill my team with amazing experts in copywriting, tech, graphic design, and social media, I’m starting to realize just how awesome we are. It’s worth it to hire a one-stop shop like us! Our results are good, so we have to charge for that.
- So many plans — After going through the Create Your Laptop Life’s ScaleUp mastermind this past spring, I had made the decision to completely transition over into package pricing by the end of the year. Since then, I still have yet to launch even one new package, so I was little behind. But now we’re going into overdrive. Over the next couple of months, before the end of the year, I’m hoping to launch 7 new packages so that I can reach my goal!
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For June 2017: Success or Failure?
- Keep expenses under $5,000 — SUCCESS! It’s been a while since I’ve been this low! So happy to finally have a super-low month for expenses.
- Get my new homepage design live – FAILURE. It’s almost ready to go live, we just have one little snag to work out tech-wise before we can publish it.
- Launch my new website at www.chronicillnessentrepreneur.com — SUCCESS! Our launch went great and the website is now completely live.
My Goals for July 2017 — Let’s Do This!
- Launch new social media package.
- Get my new homepage design live.
- Nail down details of upcoming relaunch of my internship program.
June 2017 Expenses
**Annual expenses not included (such as Tailwind*, hosting costs, and LeadPages).
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- ClickFunnels* = $97.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $21.39
- BoardBooster* = $10.00
- Grum = $2.99
- Buffer = $10.00
- PeopleMap* = $20.00
- Zapier = $20.00
- Zoom* = $14.99
- Smarterqueue* = $45.99
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $0.00
- Design Elements = $0.00
- Ads & Marketing = $132.89
- Referral Payouts = $60.00 (sign up to be a partner!)
- Transaction Fees = $123.75
- Team Member Payments = $1,708.46
Total Expenses = $2,405.46
June 2017 Income Report
- Affiliate & JV Sales = $312.23
- Google Adsense = $12.08
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $318.10
- Client Work = $4,747.48
- Pinterest Package = $654.00
Total Income = $6,043.89
Total Net Profit = $3,638.43
June 2017 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 4
- Monthly blog page views = 7,318
- Email list subscribers = 5,346
- Facebook page followers = 784
- The VA Collective group members = 1,180
- Instagram followers = 3,993
- Twitter followers = 6,215
- Pinterest followers = 4,919
- Google+ followers = 58
- LinkedIn connections = 630
Final Notes on My June 2017 Income Report:
All in all, I’m just really excited that I was able to come back from last month and have another great month. Plus, my expenses were so low that I was able to make a great profit. If every month could be like June, I’d be so happy!
But, that being said, I have tons of plans for the future and I can’t wait to see what’s next. I’m really excited that my Pinterest package is doing so well. I’m hoping that we can start to consistently make about $1k per month just from that by the end of the year. And if the future packages I create do just as well, that would be awesome! That would mean by the end of 2018 I could potentially be looking at $8k per month just from those (fairly passive) packages. That’s my goal, anyway!
Since June was such a great month, I’m really looking forward to continuing this strong momentum into July and August.