July 2016 Income Report: An Overview
Wow, it feels like July went by in about two seconds! I can’t believe that I’ve been married for almost two months now…it seems like the wedding was yesterday!
July was basically the month of work. Work work work. After last month’s poor showing, I was determined to work harder than ever and prove that June was simply a fluke.
And I did that! It took a lot of effort, but I managed to have MY BEST MONTH EVER!
You should see my face right now, having finally put all of these numbers down into writing and getting to see how amazingly I did this month. Nothing beats this feeling! I have the biggest smile possible.
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- I launched my new services page — If you hadn’t noticed, the above “Work With Me!” button now goes over here, where I have a whole site dedicated to my virtual assistant services (which I plan to fill up with even more resources on how to hire a virtual assistant, as well as some stuff for other VAs!).
- We went to Cape Cod — We live about 2 hours away from Cape Cod, so we went for a day trip earlier this month to visit my dad and his girlfriend at her family’s summer home. I got so sunburned!
- I had a girls’ night! — Normally, my friends and I try to get together for drinks at least once a month, but somehow we let a really long time go by without getting together. It was really nice to see them after quite a few weeks apart, and let myself relax from the business for one night!
- Netflix — I binge-watched the entire first three seasons of Shameless and now I’m on a huge TV hangover. Plus, Brent and I devoured The Catch pretty quickly, too. I can’t decide what to pick up next!
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For July 2016: Success or Failure?
- Launch new website! — Just talked about that above! I love how it came out. SUCCESS!
- Secure 10 guest posting spots for August and September. — Yeah, that didn’t happen. Plans changed a bit, and I’m now looking to find places to guest post for September and October. Let me know if you want to have me on your site! FAILURE.
- Come up with a name for my new infoproduct — Yup! Things are going really well on this front. SUCCESS!
- Get second desk for home office and set up the space for two people. — I’m really surprised that this actually happened! During the first week of July, we set up our home office to fit two desks so that Brent and I can work simultaneously! I love this transition, even though it’s still a really ugly home office compared to stuff on Pinterest, haha. SUCCESS!
- Actually go to the town hall and apply to change my name, instead of procrastinating! — Soooo glad that I did this! I even Snapped about it! I still need to head over to AAA to change my name on my license, though. SUCCESS!
- Go to the beach at least twice. — Ugh, we only went once even though we had plans for twice on the calendar. I’m so mad that this one was a FAILURE!
My Goals for August 2016 — Let’s Do This!
- Finish creating all of the content for my new free email course.
- Create my tripwire product.
- Book 5 free introductory Skype calls for my VA services (I had 4 in July).
- Get my name changed on my license.
- Go to the beach at least twice (c’mon now, summer will over be soon!)
- Practice meditating more.
July 2016 Expenses
*Red is less profit/more loss than last month, green is more profit/less loss than last month, and black is same profit/loss as last month
**Annual expenses not included (such as Tailwind, hosting costs, and LeadPages). Those come to a monthly total of around $55.00.
- Boardbooster = $5.00
- Design Elements = $75.00
- ConvertKit = $49.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- Software (Adobe programs, Dropbox, etc.) = $31.38
- Paypal & Wave Transaction Fees = $67.75
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $230.00
- Ads & Marketing = $30.00
- Office Supplies = $0.00
- Team Member Payments = $449.40
Total Expenses = $947.53
July 2016 Income Report
- Affiliates = $30.00
- Google Adsense = $3.10
- Client work = $2,095.31
Total Income = $2,128.41
Total Net Profit = $1,180.88
July 2016 Income Report: All the Stats and Analytics!
Let’s take a look back at what my June 2016 stats were:
- Number of blog posts = 5
- Monthly blog page views = 6,397
- Email list subscribers = 1,202
- Facebook page followers = 285
- Instagram followers = 1,821
- Twitter followers = 4,056
- Pinterest followers = 1,453
- Google+ followers = 31
Now, here’s what was going on in July 2016:
- Number of blog posts = 4
- Monthly blog page views = 6.688
- Email list subscribers = 1,385
- Facebook page followers = 292
- Instagram followers = 1,844
- Twitter followers = 4,442
- Pinterest followers = 1.743
- Google+ followers = 35
Final Notes on my July 2016 Income Report:
I seriously could not be happier right now. Especially because this month really came down to the wire. Literally, the difference between this being my second-best month or my very best month came down to a $135 invoice that I sent out 5 hours before the end of the month.
The last few days of the month were actually kind of stressful, because I knew that it was creeping closer and closer to meeting my goal, and I felt a lot of pressure from myself to have a really great month.
In the future, I’d love to see myself less motivated by sales. Obviously more sales are always good, and I definitely am striving to grow my business even more. But, at this point, I have proven twice now that making over $700 per month in profit is possible, which means I now have enough money to survive on (and actually start thinking about saving up to pay my taxes next spring!).
As a new month rolls around the corner, I’m changing my goals slightly. I’m curious to see if I can now find a way to reduce the amount of client work I’m doing and still make enough to live on. The amount of client work that I did in July was crazy. I barely had time for a personal life, and didn’t have a lot of time to work on my own business.
August is going to be spent increasing the amount of work that I’m delegating to my team members, as well as setting up a foundation for increasing the amount of passive income that I make with my business.
You will also see me venturing more into video and webinars (sign up for my first ever webinar, which airs August 18th!), plus introducing my signature lead magnet!