The Month of March: An Overview
Wow, March was a crazy good month!! I can’t believe that I was able to make four figures in only my fourth month!
Things have started to get a bit more stressful the closer I get to my wedding (in June), as it’s a lot to juggle a full-time job, a super busy side-hustle and plan a wedding at the same time. But only two more months of this craziness and then I can relax a bit!
A few highlights:
- I reached my goal of making over $1,000 in one month
- I hired a part-time team member to help with my virtual assistant tasks
- I switched over to Wave instead of using Paypal invoices + spreadsheets to get the job done
- Thanks to someone posting about my free Color Course on Facebook, I almost doubled my email subscribers
- I also almost doubled my Twitter followers as well!
How I Did on My March Goals
Eh. The goals I made for March didn’t go so well. But I actually think that’s a good thing! I did a lot of business soul-searching during March and realized that what I love doing is working with people one-on-one. Maybe in the future I will get sick of “trading hours for money,” but right now it’s truly what I love.
So, no, you probably won’t see me launching any courses or participating in any webinars — at least, for now — and that’s okay with me! That’s not a business model that I currently enjoy. So I’m just going to be the odd one out over here, doing what I love and still making a pretty decent chunk of change from it.
My Goals for April
- Get more/better sleep
- Increase my part-time team member’s hours so that I can take on more projects
- Send out at least 5 newsletters
Now let’s get to the juicy stuff!
(P.S. Red is less profit than last month, green is more profit than last month, and black is same profit as last month)
March 2016 Expenses
- Boardbooster = $5.00
- Tailwind (annual fee, divided by 12) = $8.67
- Design Elements = $42.50
- ConvertKit = $29.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- LeadPages (annual fee, divided by 12) = $24.97
- Blog Hosting (annual fee, divided by 12) = $10.47
- Paypal & Wave Transaction Fees = $42.13
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $25.00
- Ads & Marketing = $0.00
- Office Supplies = $13.99
- Team Member Payments = $252.00
Total Expenses = $463.73
March 2016 Income Report
- Affiliates = $0
- Google Adsense = $1.85
- Design clients = $561.75
- Virtual Assistance = $795.30
Total Income = $1,358.90
Total Net Profit = $895.17
ALL THE STATS AND ANALYTICS!
Let’s take a look back at what my February 2016 stats were:
- Number of blog posts = 6
- Monthly blog page views = 4,279
- Email list subscribers = 379
- Facebook page followers = 184
- Instagram followers = 1,329
- Twitter followers = 746
- Pinterest followers = 567
- Google+ followers = 13
- Profit per client = $57.23
Now, here’s what was going on in March 2016:
- Number of blog posts = 5
- Monthly blog page views = 4,931
- Email list subscribers = 686
- Facebook page followers = 231
- Instagram followers = 1,473
- Twitter followers = 1,460
- Pinterest followers = 790
- Google+ followers = 17
- Profit per client = $90.59
April, here I come!