Let’s jump right in with this February 2017 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys my best month ever!
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business, I’ve been sharing my income and expenses in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase. My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” online entrepreneur who isn’t making 5-6 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
February 2017 Income Report: An Overview
February was a crazy busy month, but actually quite an awesome one! I’m finally starting to feel like I have this whole “entrepreneur” thing down, and unlike other months in the past, achieving a new “best month ever” in February didn’t feel surprising to me at all…it felt totally natural!
While achieving an awesome income month-to-month seems finally within my grasp, what is not within my grasp is maintaining a good work-life balance. I often struggle with feeling burnt out, and this month I did pretty much nothing to work on my own business, because I had absolutely no time!
It’s frustrating, because I know that if I can spend less time on client projects and more time developing my passive income funnels, my income potential would increase exponentially. But without making time for client work, I don’t have that nice foundation of income that my business requires before I can spend time developing other areas. It’s a tough situation to be in, and I’m sure that a lot of you other online service providers know exactly what I’m going through!
It just seems like, although I’ve always known that time management is something I really struggle with, months and months keep flying by, yet I’m still not any closer to feeling like I’m actually solving that problem. But here’s hoping that March with be “my month.”
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- It’s almost time to run my internship program again! — Something that I pride myself on in my business is that I offer a quarterly 12-week internship program for up-and-coming virtual assistants to learn the ropes by joining my team. I’ve run the program four times now, and the end of February marked graduation time for my latest batch of interns! What’s super exciting is that, after going through my Zero to VA internship program, both ladies I hired have put in their 2 weeks’ notice and are quitting their day jobs! If you’re interested in applying for the next round of the internship, you can get more information here. Curious about running your own program? I actually wrote a blog post about my intern hiring process!
- I hired a project manager — And wow was that a long time coming! I’m so happy about finally making this step in my business, and after doing it, I finally realized how much I truly did need it. So far, I’m extremely pleased with how it’s been working out, and I can’t wait for her to take on even more tasks that will help my business run more and more smoothly.
- I launched a new service package specifically for Pinterest — This package has been in development since August, so it felt SO good to finally set up a funnel for my brand-new Pinterest-focused service: The Perfect Pinterest Package. I’m really excited about how it’s been going so far, and the amazing results my clients have gotten by working with me. For a super inexpensive monthly cost, my team takes over your Pinterest account scheduling and growth, and it works like bananas! I can’t wait to see what cool new clients we get for this service in March.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For February 2017: Success or Failure?
- Run a successful Facebook ad for The VA Vault — FAILURE. Again, this is something that falls under the realm of tasks that I need to complete for my own business, yet never seem to have time to do. Hopefully this will get accomplished soon!
- Earn at least $2,500 of passive income — SUCCESS! I’m really pleased with how much growth my passive income has been doing lately. Seeing it roll into my bank account (almost) effortlessly is a lot of fun.
- Create and implement a new tripwire product — FAILURE. I had started working on a new tripwire product completely on a whim last month, and I’d hoped to have it finished in February. But, of course, that came absolutely nowhere close to happening!
My Goals for March 2017 — Let’s Do This!
- Achieve my Quarter 1 goal of having 9 people subscribed to the Perfect Pinterest Package.
- Get back on my old schedule of doing 2x/weekly Facebook Live videos in my VA Collective Facebook Group.
- Develop a system to put out weekly newsletters.
February 2017 Expenses
**Annual expenses not included (such as Tailwind*, hosting costs, and LeadPages).
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- ConvertKit* = $49.00
- ClickFunnels* = $97.00
- Active Campaign* = $45.00
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $21.39
- BoardBooster* = $10.00
- Buffer = $10.00
- Zapier = $20.00
- Zoom* = $14.99
- AffiliateWP = $49.00
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $1,250.00
- Ads & Marketing = $199.00
- Referral Payouts = $108.00
- Paypal & Wave Transaction Fees = $113.56
- Team Member Payments = $2,769.91
Total Expenses = $4,814.85
February 2017 Income Report
- Affiliate & JV Sales = $2,743.90
- Google Adsense = $9.69
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $200.00
- Client Work = $5,174.82
Total Income = $8,128.41
Total Net Profit = $3,313.56
February 2017 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 2
- Monthly blog page views = 7,402
- Email list subscribers = 2,863
- Facebook page followers = 423
- The VA Collective group members = 439
- Instagram followers = 3,459
- Twitter followers = 5,472
- Pinterest followers = 4,149
- Google+ followers = 49
Final Notes on My February 2017 Income Report:
Looking at those numbers…I can’t even fathom how in the world I was able to make over $8,000 in one month. Part of me is still that fresh-out-of-college girl with absolutely no idea what she wants to do with her life. In what seems to have been an instant, I’ve completely transformed into….a businesswoman? How crazy is that!
My life is so strange sometimes. My mom recently emailed me about something and my team responded to her. I had to catch up with her over text to explain what was going on.
Weird phenomenons like that make up the majority of my life now. I wake up in the morning, grab a fresh cup of coffee, turn on my essential oil diffuser, and sit down at the computer. I answer client questions, navigate task delegation, and think about new plans, products, and programs I could develop to take over the world.
I still work a part-time job at my dad’s company, since it’s a family business and I just can’t quite bring myself to leave, but my mind is constantly on the go now. I don’t get a chance to watch TV anymore or go out for date nights with my husband. And even though that’s stressful, I’m not sure I’d have it any other way.
I love my job and my work so much. I’m obsessed with it and watching it grow like this (a $2k jump in sales over last month) is incredibly rewarding and so freaking exciting. I can’t wait to see what happens next.