Let’s jump right in with this August 2019 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
August 2019 Income Report: An Overview
During August, I had to take 10 days off from work because I had surgery and was recovering. I took a FULL 10 days off and didn’t even open my laptop during that time (which, to me, is a mind-blowing and a huge win).
Including my honeymoon, it was the longest time I’ve ever taken off from my business without having to do at least some work. I planned for this, because I knew that I was really going to need it. I had no idea what kind of shape I was going to be in after the surgery or how long it would be until I was feeling 100%.
The surgeon recommended taking SIX weeks out from work… but that just wasn’t going to happen. Especially since I do work from home, I felt like 10 days off would be enough. Luckily, it was!
I felt perfectly fine after those 10 days and was more than ready to hop back into work, feeling very rested and recuperated.
I’m actually pretty lucky that my surgery just happened to fall during a relatively slow season in my business (the summer is notoriously a slower time for me), instead of even just a few weeks later, as September is actually one of our busiest months.
A Few Highlights:
- Hired a new copywriter — I feel like I’m constantly hiring new copywriters, but for some reason I’ve been having trouble finding the perfect fit. And we need a lot of copywriters! (Right now, we have 3.)
- Hired a social media intern — I also hired a new intern to help out with social media! I love that my team is growing and expanding to keep up with the needs of our clients. As we get more and more social media clients, we need more help to keep up with all the work!
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For August 2019: Success or Failure?
- Do more work on my Pinterest package funnel. — SUCCESS! I actually did quite a bit of work on this and will be doing even more during September.
- Successfully take 10 days off for surgery. — SUCCESS! I was pretty worried about how this would go, but it was actually totally fine! My team did an amazing job running the show while I was resting.
- Hire a social media intern. — SUCCESS! This has been in the plans for a few months now, and I finally decided to actually do it and hire a new intern!
My Goals for September 2019 — Let’s Do This!
- Have a successful Pinterest mini-launch.
- Help one of my clients have a successful launch of her own.
- Start taking Saturdays completely off.
August 2019 Expenses
- Ads & Marketing = $900.00
- Team Member Payments = $7,960.74
- Books & Courses = $184.00
- Transaction Fees = $489.81
- Referral Payouts = $71.20
- Postage = $4.54
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- RecurPost* = $10.70
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $22.46
- ClickFunnels* = $297.00
- Quickbooks* = $21.40
- Zapier = $50.00
- ManyChat = $10.00
- DeadlineFunnel* = $67.00
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Stock Gallery = $58.00
- Web Hosting = $13.16
- Google Suite = $27.33
- Google Storage = $99.99
- Acuity* = $117.70
- Temi = $10.00
- Rev = $59.00
- HelloSign = $156.00
- Later = $54.00
Total Expenses = $10,902.98
August 2019 Income Report
- Interest Earned = $1.14
- Affiliate Income = $302.90
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $1,039.00
- Done-for-You Social Media Packages = $6,605.00
- Hourly Client Work = $8680.00
Total Income = $16,723.20
Total Net Profit = $5,820.22
August 2019 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 6
- Monthly blog page views = 18,719
- Email list subscribers = 7,264
- Facebook page followers = 1,383
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,546
- Instagram followers = 9,920
- Twitter followers = 6,435
- Pinterest followers = 22,688
- YouTube subscribers = 164
Final Notes on My August 2019 Income Report:
I’m honestly surprised that August went as smoothly as it did. Considering I was out of commission for 10 of the 31 days of the month, we did really well!
My team was instrumental in me being able to take so much time away from work without losing any momentum with my clients or our revenue. I would not be able to do something like that and still have a great month if I didn’t have such an amazing team supporting me.
It was also a great time for me to rest up a bit, as our busy season is starting in September. It wasn’t much of a “vacation,” but hopefully the time away from work helped me relax a bit so that I can come back swinging in September and have a really great rest of the year!