Let’s jump right in with this April 2019 income report! I’m super excited to share with you guys what’s been going on with me lately.
What’s Up With These Income Reports, Anyway?
Ever since my very first month in business (I made a whopping $87), I’ve been sharing my income and expenses for each month, in order to give other online entrepreneurs a good baseline of what a real business looks like during its start-up phase.
My goal with these posts is to give you guys a super realistic look into what type of income and expenses you can expect from being a “girl next door” type of online entrepreneur who isn’t making 6-7 figures each month (yet!).
Let’s do this!
April 2019 Income Report: An Overview
April came and went like a blur. This time of year as we transition from winter into summer always happens very quickly for me.
It’s also usually the time of year where my client load starts to slow down…but for some reason this year it hasn’t really seemed like it’s heading towards that! I still expect to see a drop-off once June hits, as kids being out of school always affects the moms I work with.
But at least for right now, there’s no signs of slowing down at all! In fact, I’ve been so busy that I barely even noticed that April happened.
A Few Highlights:
- I recorded a podcast episode — It’s been a while since I’ve been a guest on someone else’s podcast! It was excited to finally get back on the mic and record one. It’ll be going live in a few months.
- I started seeing a dietician — For those of you who don’t know, I suffer from a chronic illness/disability called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It’s a genetic mutation that affects the collagen in your joints. One of the side effects (of which there are many) is that I have lots of inflammation throughout my body. My new dietician is going to help me get on a low-inflammation diet to help combat that! It feels good to do something nice for my body.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For April 2019: Success or Failure?
- Set up 3 new Facebook ad campaigns for my upcoming launch. — FAILURE? While I did get one campaign up, I struggled to find time to work on the other two, so those didn’t end up happening until more recently, after April was already over. I’m hesitant to count this one as a failure, since I was only a few days behind my goal. It still did get done!
- Hit $8k+ of hourly client income. — FAILURE. We were pretty darn close, though.
- Get 1 new sales funnel client. — SUCCESS! I booked a new sales funnel client that’s going to be taking up quite a bit of time from now until November, which is pretty exciting!
- Make 3+ sales from my Pinterest Facebook ad. — SUCCESS! I made exactly 3 sales, haha! I haven’t had time to focus on managing this funnel, though, so it’s getting put on the back burner until July.
- Start doing 2 Facebook Lives per month instead of only 1.— SUCCESS! I did two Facebook Lives in April, and I have at least 2 per month planned in May and June as well!
My Goals for May 2019 — Let’s Do This!
- Have “successful” Facebook ad campaign results for my upcoming launch.
- Hit $8k+ of hourly client income.
- Get 1 new sales funnel client.
April 2019 Expenses
- Ads & Marketing = $1,119.80
- Team Member Payments = $8,940.23
- Books & Courses = $299.99
- Transaction Fees = $476.12
- Referral Payouts = $29.30
- Teachable* = $39.00
- Active Campaign* = $70.00
- PennyPipe = $9.95
- RecurPost* = $10.70
- Adobe Creative Cloud = $22.46
- ClickFunnels* = $297.00
- Later = $16.00
- Quickbooks* = $21.40
- Zapier = $50.00
- ManyChat = $10.00
- DeadlineFunnel* = $67.00
- Deposit Photos* = $29.00
- Stock Gallery = $19.00
- Temi = $19.60
- Click Mode = $1.58
- Movavi = $42.76
- Templana = $10.00
- Kapwing Pro = $20.00
- Web Hosting = $70.06
- Gifts = $18.95
- Postage = $4.54
Total Expenses = $11,745.92
April 2019 Income Report
- Interest Earned = $0.77
- Affiliate Income = $29.00
- Passive Income Products + Coaching = $627.00
- Done-for-You Social Media Packages = $9,187.00
- Hourly Client Work = $7,815.00
Total Income = $17,664.22
Total Net Profit = $5,918.30
April 2019 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
- Number of blog posts = 6
- Monthly blog page views = 12,384
- Email list subscribers = 7,117
- Facebook page followers = 1,275
- Grow Like Woah group members = 2,430
- Instagram followers = 10.4k
- Twitter followers = 6,523
- Pinterest followers = 18, 833
- YouTube subscribers = 143
Final Notes on My April 2019 Income Report:
At first, when I heard the ~$17,000 number for April’s revenue, I was like “Darn!”
Which…I realize is absolutely bananas.
Somehow, as my business gets more and more “successful” I have become kind of jaded by the high numbers. I’ve hit $20k+ two times and now suddenly, anything less than that isn’t good enough in my mind.
It’s weird how the brain works!
But when you REALLY look at it….holy crap, $17k is a LOT of money. Especially when our profit (although not amazing percentage-wise) is enough to keep a roof over our heads (and then some).
I need to sometimes take a step back and just think about how lucky I am to have a business that is profitable, and which is even accumulating some savings, so that I can do things like invest in myself, take trips to events, and pay for educational materials.
PLUS I am paying my entire team a really good salary, and my husband and I both have full-time jobs in the business.
Although I could have gone on and on about how disappointed I was by the numbers, and wished they would’ve been higher….in the end, I’m doing AMAZING. And I need to remember that instead of always focusing on the next big number I want to hit.
(BTW it’s $25,000 in case you were wondering!)