August 2016 Income Report: An Overview
This month was quite the whirlwind! Geared up by last month’s launch of The VA Collective, August was a crazy month. I was hoping to finally take some time to slow down in August, but that just didn’t happen!
Honestly, this month kind of flew by in a blur…so let’s skip ahead to some highlights!
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- I added another team member! — This brings us officially up to five team members, and things are going awesome. I love the person that I hired, and I’m super excited to have her on my team.
- My first podcast interview — This was so much fun! I found someone on Screw the Nine to Five Facebook group who wanted to talk to people who both work in a family business and have their own side hustle, so I immediately was interested! (I work part-time at my dad’s publishing company.) Check out my episode!
- Joined a new mastermind group — Although I have two other mastermind groups that I belong to, neither are very active, so when I got the chance to join up with a few other girls who all have similar goals and different types of online businesses, I was really excited! So far, this new mastermind is going really well and I’m excited about how much I’ve already learned from them.
- TV Shows (my guilty pleasure) — Seasons 5 and 6 of Shameless got added to Netflix! I just discovered this last week, and now my binge is back on. I’ve also been re-watching That 70s Show from the beginning, and I’m finally catching up on this year’s The Bachelorette.
Business Goal Setting
My Goals For August 2016: Success or Failure?
- Finish creating all of the content for my new free email course — Considering that this launches today, maybe let’s just pretend like I have all 9 days ready to go? FAILURE.
- Create my tripwire product — SUCCESS! I put that into action last week and already have two sales! Woohoo passive income!
- Book 5 free introductory Skype calls for my VA services (I had 4 in July) — SUCCESS! I had 7 calls during August.
- Get my name changed on my license — I’m kind of bummed to say that this one is a FAILURE!, but August was way too insane. Although I did manage to get my car’s registration transferred, which was a huge pain in the butt, so I’m happy about that.
- Go to the beach at least twice — SUCCESS! Brent and I discovered this private little beach area about 10 minutes from our house, and we enjoyed that a few times in August!
- Practice meditating more — This goal was created after I read (and loved) the book You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero in July, and I’m happy to say that I did actually do this a few times! Hey, considering how bananas my income went this month, maybe this mindset stuff is actually working! SUCCESS!
My Goals for September 2016 — Let’s Do This!
- Don’t work so hard! Delegate more and stop stressing out.
- Finish the ADdicted training and implement strategies learned.
- Get landing page up and in-depth outline done for October’s passive income product.
- Get my name changed on my license (because, seriously, you need to do this).
- Work up to and walk the complete figure 8 path in the park near our house.
- Meditate at least 5 times.
August 2016 Expenses
*Red is less profit/more loss than last month, green is more profit/less loss than last month, and black is same profit/loss as last month
**Annual expenses not included (such as Tailwind, hosting costs, and LeadPages). Those come to a monthly total of around $100.00.
- Design Elements = $10.00
- ConvertKit = $49.00
- Software (Adobe CC, BoardBooster, Buffer, etc.) = $46.38
- Paypal & Wave Transaction Fees = $103.94
- E-Courses & Ebooks = $9.00
- Ads & Marketing = $36.45
- Office Supplies = $0.00
- Team Member Payments = $1008.40
Total Expenses = $1,263.17
August 2016 Income Report
- Affiliates = $13.80
- Google Adsense = $8.55
- Freelance Writing = $25.00
- Passive Income + Coaching = $84.81
- Client Work = $3,734.90
Total Income = $3,867.06
Total Net Profit = $2,603.89
August 2016 Income Report: All the Stats & Analytics!
Let’s take a look back at what my July 2016 stats were:
- Number of blog posts = 4
- Monthly blog page views = 6,688
- Email list subscribers = 1,385
- Facebook page followers = 292
- Instagram followers = 1,844
- Twitter followers = 4,442
- Pinterest followers = 1,743
- Google+ followers = 35
Now, here’s what was going on in August 2016:
- Number of blog posts = 7
- Monthly blog page views = 7,239
- Email list subscribers = 1,658
- Facebook page followers = 319
- Instagram followers = 1,795
- Twitter followers = 4,455
- Pinterest followers = 2,095
- Google+ followers = 37
Final Notes on my August 2016 Income Report:
I just want to say how exciting it is to finally be able to say that I am making a full-time income from my business. Up until now, I was making enough to survive (in combination with also working part-time at my day job), but I haven’t been able to build up any kind of savings or even think about having to pay my taxes in the spring.
But now, if I keep this up, I am officially making more profit from this online business than I was working full-time.
First of all, let me just say how incredibly proud of myself that I am. Over the past 9 months, I’ve poured so much blood, sweat, and tears into my business, and to finally have reached this point is a crazy cool feeling. I hope that each and every one of you reading this has experienced this, or hopefully will be able to soon!
But also…. Phew! I’m freaking exhausted!
Some things about running this business have come naturally to me, but mostly I’m running on just a combination of iced coffee and fear of disappointing my clients. #realtalk
So now that I’m officially in the “making a full-time income” zone, my goal is actually to start backing off. I definitely want to continue making a full-time income, but I am hoping to start incorporating a lot more passive income and delegation into the mix.
Although I love running my business so much, I have way too many anxiety attacks and never get to do “normal people” things like….leave the house.
Hopefully September will be a nice fresh start for me, and I can put a huge part of my energy into allowing myself to not get so consumed by client work.